1455 – ITD – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 45
This classification creates and manages Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data in an enterprise environment, performing geospatial analysis and creating cartographic map products within the centralized Information Technology department (ITD).
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical school in Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing, cartography, geography or related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment. OR:
- Two years of technical experience in geographic information systems, which included data creation and analysis, the production of maps, reports and cartographic products.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience using ESRI Mapping software.
- Experience creating map and/or plat presentation documents.
- Experience using AutoCad Mapping software.
- Experience researching documentation for specific land areas. (i.e. Subdivision Plans, Construction Plans).
- Experience interpreting legal descriptions. (i.e. deeds, easements, rights-of-way).
- Experience digitizing using COGO techniques.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience with/knowledge of linear referencing and data tables.
- Experience performing spatial and attribute field queries.
- Experience with/knowledge of database versioning.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe, e.g., Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 11/01/2019 11:59 PM Arizona Time.
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-01224.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ